Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate Cake

Hello Poppits, How are we today ?
I've been trying and failing to make granny squares today can anyone help me ?


As I said in my last post I would be giving you my amazing chocolate cake recipe! So here it is, sorry there is know picture but I forgot to take any when I made it :( 


Almond, Chocolate and Marsala Cake 
(From My cousin Rosa)
300g Blanched almonds
200g dark chocolate, cut into small pieces 
100g cocoa powder
250g butter
250g caster sugar
5 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbs dry Marsala 


Line a 24 cm cake tin with baking paper and grease well, then pre heat your oven to 160c.
Finely chop the chocolate and almonds in a food processor, then add the cocoa powder and process for another 2 minutes. 
Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl of a mix master until light and creamy, add eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each egg and to scrap the sides with a spatular. 
Add the chocolate and almond mix and then add the marsala , mix well.
Pour into the tin and smooth the top then , bake for about 45 minutes.
Serve with ricotta or  cream.


Now for my little notes, I used only 200g almonds, half cocoa and half milo and used 

Amaretto liqueur which all went lovely with this cake.I also served with fresh strawberries and raspberries MMM it was yummy 

TTFN, 
Lili xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment