Saturday, April 2, 2011

Custard Pie ... yum ohhhh

Hello Poppits,
Hows your week been going ??? I've just realised that I have soo and I do mean that to blog about I've just gotten so behind with everything!

So away we go ..
This pie is super easy and yummy ! I'm a big fan of custard it's just so yummy and goes with so so many thing! 

 Edie thought that it was a bit of alright and wanted to get into the picture as well... and I wouldn't blame her I mean who could say no to creamy custard in a crunchy biscuit base ! 

Ingredients:
1 packet scotch fingers or such biscuits, processed into fine crumbs 
about 160g butter, Melted 

Custard :
2 heaped tbs Custard powder
2tsp caster sugar 
a splash of vanilla 
500ml milk of any kind( I use half cows and half soy milk)

Base:
1: Combine the melted butter and the biscuit crumbs until they hold together, then press the mixture into a lowish pie dish any size I recon mine would of been about 12 inch..
Now put you pie case into the fridge until you need it.


Custard:
make a paste with the sugar , vanilla , custard powder and a little milk in a medium saucepan. Then add the rest of the milk heat the milk to a medium heat  stirring until thicken.
Now pour into the biscuit case and put aside to set. 
Now top with fresh nutmeg and Eat up !!!
Happy days 

TTFN,
Lili 
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment