Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Zucchini cake with frosting!

hello Poppits, 
What a lovely week we've been having with lots of nice Autumn weather and lovely food !
Here's a little bit of summer for you though ... I made this cake a good while back but had for gotten to pots about it, my bad again!
I stumbled across it on Pinterest yet again... I spend so much time looking on there during night feeds :)
The Recipe was originally meant to be made in a thermomixer but I don't have nor want one of these so I just used my kitchenaid instead. I'm a sucker for cream cheese frosting so I also added it to this cake and it was just the right thing to do in my opinion.
I know some of you may be thinking ewwww zucchini cake with frosting ! What is this girl thinking ! But let me assure you it tastes pretty much like a carrot cake minus the carrot cake, and because zucchini has little flavour once cooked you can hardly notice it. 


It was from what I remember a very easy and yummy cake but I think the edges may have been a little dry ??? But other than that It was a moist, nutty, frostingly scrummy cake , that tasted like a carrot cake with out the carrot. 

Recipe originally from thermomix-er

Ingredients:
3 eggs
400 g sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
60 g oil
150 g walnuts , plus extra for the icing  
600 g zucchini or there abouts grated
375 g Self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice 

Icing:
125g cream cheese, chilled
250g sifted icing sugar
50g butter, at room  temp
walnuts 
cinnamon and sugar

Method:
pre- heat over to about 150°C if your oven in fan force, and grease and line the bottom of a large loaf tin.

Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil on medium speed until well combined.
now add in the flour, baking powder, salt and spices and mix until just combined.
Now gently mix in the grated zucchini and walnut and mix though until evenly mixed, then pour mix into your pre-paired tin and cook in the oven for around an hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to set in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack.
When the cake is cool to touch ice and decorate with walnuts and the cinnamon and sugar.

Icing:
beat the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy then mix in the chilled cream cheese am mix on high until nice and light.
You can also add flavours like vanilla, lemon, almond ect to the icing if you want!


eat up !

TTFN,
Lili xxx
 







No comments:

Post a Comment