Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby stockings

 Hello Poppits
What's new and interesting for you?
My new favourite thing is so have a nice hot hot water bottle at the bottom of my bed to rest my cost tootsies on...ahhh so nice :)

Any way  to this post, It had been a long time coming as i first made these about 2 months ago... wow that's flown by.
I found the fabbity post and pattern on Made by Rae It's such a quick and simple thing to whip up in 15 minutes if that !
The mushroom stockings are my second pair but I used a different jersey fabric that didn't have a lot of stretch in it so even though I made the pattern bigger it wasn't big enough. Oh well they still look darn cute.
For this pattern to really work you need a pretty stretchy jersey as Rae says in her post. Be sure to pop over and have a look at her blog.
The only thing I changed was the way I put the elastic on the band, I tried they way it said to do so in the tutorial but that didn't work for me, so I just sewed a tube and treaded though enough elastic to fit around Edie's waist. This worked so much better for me :)





These are the first pair I made. I really love the fabric and wish I had more of it to use my I salvaged it from an old bonds singlet of mine, that I had only worn a few times years ago! I was lucky to even be able to get a pair from the fabric as it was a bit on the small size for the pattern but I managed, to fit it on some how.
I don't know how much wear Edie will get out of them as they are already getting over stretched but, who cares they are just so quirky and nifty. 

TTFN,
Lili xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment